Today I suffered a little blackout in my neighborhood in the evening and decided that it’s time to put my Acer 5935g’s battery to the test. I plugged out the power cord and continued my movie night with Dexter S02.
So here is the final result of my little battery test:
- 1:30 hours – movies
- 35 minutes browsing
This adds to total 2:05 hours of guaranteed battery life (at least) and i still have a near half an hour battery reserve to finish up some texts I am working on.
Actually this is the first time I get very near the battery time defined by specs supplied by the maker. I’m glad I chose Acer 🙂
The system I tested the battery is:
- Acer 5935g (stock battery)
- Windows Vista SP2 64bit
- GeForce 130M active (not the onboard intel 4500)
- Razer Copperhead mouse
- 60% brightness all the time
- Skype running in the background
- WiFi on, connected to network
- KMplayer playing DivX (with lots of seeking (can’t watch movie from start to end without seeking 🙂 )
Coming up is a test in Linux with the same activities. Though I first need to install and configure it, but it will be sometime when I have free time on my hands.